View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Google maps down loaded for use offline is what I was talking about. People claim Google maps is far superior to any dedicated GPS system and in terms of the amount of ancillary info available on Google maps they are entirely correct. Because it is tied to Google's very powerful web search tool it provides far more location, business, restaurant, hotel etc info than any stand alone GPS can.
Google is getting pretty good with its offline maps. I managed to route myself through an unfamiliar area with the offline maps, I only noticed I was offline because it didn't have the live traffic info...

I'm not saying one is better than the other, 'cause I have no idea... haven't looked at GPS systems in 10+ years, I was just surprised how functional Google Maps is in offline mode.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.