View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
You are absolutely fooling yourself to think your irresponsible actions are safe.
I have been hunting since I was a kid, in my 42 years I have never had a negligent discharge- ever. Been carrying a firearm professionally for 24 years now, always with a round in the chamber when carrying a rifle and again I have never had a negligent discharge in my professional life.

To each their own, if it makes someone else feel safe to walk around with an empty chamber have at it. Personally I have enough confidence in my weapons handling and knowing the state of my weapon to always have a round in the chamber in the bush. The only exception is when I am pulling my rifle up by my string after I have strapped into my tree stand or if I'm crossing a fence I open the bolt and clear the chamber or pull the action to the rear if it's a shotgun.

I fail to see how having a round in the chamber is irresponsible, letting kids do it? Absolutely, letting a novice do it? Absolutely, both are asking for trouble. I on the other hand am quite comfortable. Just my opinion.