View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 08:10 AM
340wtby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209x50 View Post
Nobody is going to pay 10K for little southern AB moose IMHO. That little moose needs to be in MT before BC recognizes it as Shiras. So why would anyone pay 10k for a little Canadian moose? 4k will get you an outfitted hunt in the north. I think the same will go for elk, we don't have much in the way of trophy potential as the BC book tells us so. 4K for a mule tag? Maybe but then the purchaser has to buy an outfitted hunt so he will be paying much more for the hunt in the end. As far as the monster trophies being worth it to hunt the places like the Deseret, I don't know, I can't find any information that the outfitter there kills monsters now. Just my opinion but I don't think all the numbers line up just like a few other things in the document.
Imagine what a moose/elk combo hunt will cost. I am pretty sure these ranches can start there own outfitting companies too, pretty cheap start up if you ask me, free tags! Regardless what the tags go for they come out of our draw allocations! And they are selling our wildlife! The whole thing is wrong.

Oh and gunslinger don't bother calling McIntyre, they will never allow hunting.