View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I am actually retired and living off of a pension, so I am in the middle class. If you can't afford to pay $100 for a couple of draw tags at one time, then you can't afford to pay to fuel up a truck to go hunting, let alone the other expenses associated with hunting.

I am just not overly thrilled about advancing the government money, and then having to wait for a refund. And with our present government, I feel even more strongly about this.
I am pretty sure the money is returned immediately on the draw completion if not successful. I am ok with this because I entered the draw because I wanted to get picked...I think it would cause people to evaluate more closely their options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerguy View Post
This would be a good idea too. Most states you don't get a "999" option. You just apply for the hardest draw possible to build your points.

This would work good here. Would prevent people from putting in for all 15 draws with no intentions of using the tag if they drew it. Would make you actually need to have intent to hunt that animal and plan it out.

Prior to the 999 option people figured out how to up their priority without pulling tags too

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 01-03-2016 at 08:09 PM.