View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerassassin View Post
Im not labelling all people who live in the city as urbanites. Now my family and group of friends are all outdoorsmen. What about the people who there only way of education is the media? Plus you dodged my last question. Why should we have a ban an these firearms?
I don't even know what firearms they want to ban. I might not even be of the stance they should be banned. I will say mental health is still a huge issue here in Canada and most mass shootings are done by those with mental health issues. I don't want someone like Justin Bourque being able to buy a a semi auto rifle, do a simple modification, drill out the magazine and end up with a fully automatic rifle with a mag holding 15+ rounds.

Now in saying I'd like to see something that would allow people to buy prohibited weapons with strict conditions like: a thorough mental health assessment, the gun must be stored at a secure central location, and to take it out you need to get issued a transport pass detailing your route(no stops) and range your taking it to.

I think the above suggestion would be a nice compromise for our policing agencies and their worries regarding prohibited weapons in homes as well as allowing the average citizen to collect and use prohibited weapons.