View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
A guy I know used to haul RVs from Indiana to parts of western Canada. I asked him what kind of mileage were they getting. He said about a million kilometers. Most were running dodge, some chev and almost no fords.
When I worked at an RV & trailer dealer, the guys who hauled units to us from factory ran a spread of Fords, Dodges and GM. Not really more one brand than any other but they were all pretty new trucks.

Speaking of OP and his truck dilemma, the guy we used to hot shot trailers for us within AB drove a 2006 GMC 2500 Duramax actually. It had 700,000 KM on it, supposedly all original drivetrain, before they retired it. Lots of those miles hauling big fifth wheels and living quarter trailers. OP, I think if you like the truck and it seems healthy otherwise, put some money into it and run it into the ground.

I know an amazing Duramax mechanic out in Leduc. Knows those trucks inside and out. $90/hr labour. Works on cash jobs too. He could probably get you a rough price estimate if wanted.