View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 03:11 PM

They actually had a much better game then I anticipated, and I was really surprised that they out shot the Oilers (Smith had a good game. He must have gotten some good elixir from Keith Richards over the summer).

I told Bessie at the start of the game that Mangiappane and Dube would eclipse Johnny and Monahan. They certainly did. Two of them play with heart and passion, two of them just seem like they are coasting and I think are well past their best before date. Time to trade them while they can get something for them.

I'm wondering who is going to wear the C but it shouldn't be Tkachuk. He was actually well behaved last night, and hence not a factor either that I could tell. I like Zadorov.

Playing Sutter style hockey may not get them far this year. But it was entertaining last night. Taking penalties against Oilers is a good way to lose. Anderson's 'head butt' was a nothing burger. Didn't draw blood, and the little guy didn't even miss a shift. He served his four and McDavid scored a pretty goal on the pp. Besides, Rasmus led with his fist, momentum carried him in. If league wants to suspend him, great. I just don't want to have to break out the crying towels for all the Oilers fans who are outraged any time one of their players gets hit or roughed up in a hockey game. Because, it's a hockey game.

If Kassian had done that to Johnny with the same nothing results from a little roughing, those same fans would all be delighted. And it wouldn't have hurt my feelings at all. Because, it's hockey.

I was way more concerned about Kassian getting taken down and hitting his head on the ice in that pre-season fight, because that is actually dangerous (though it was unintentional). I was glad he didn't get badly injured, and good to see him on the ice last night stealing Monohan's stick right out of his hands. It was entertaining.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 10-17-2021 at 03:23 PM.