View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 07:48 AM
AO Sponsor

Cool! I had no idea he did that, but did know that he was using the #22 Magnum Stingers on his fox.

Serge is quite the fox trapper, I believe he takes a month off and snares 400 fox a year on some island on the St Laurence River.

I run into Serge every year at the May sale at NAFA. (2nd nicest guy in the world!) He told me he was snaring fox with the original #11 springs so when I suggested he step up to the Magnum #22 for his fox he was shocked, but did follow thru, believing me with my 20,000-ish canine trapping experiences +/-.

He paid attention to the details... Always tie low for best lock up and spring firing, short snares due to ultra thick environment, and even just happened to have a whack of Lightning Locks.

He clipped his triggers on his springs in the correct position, 9 o'clock on the "wire-end" or "dead side" of th eyelet, and virtually all of his fox fired the triggers and were DOA.

I'll see if I can't scavenge some of his fox photos and post them on here. Thanks for the heads up!