View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Yeah the extra bells and whistles aren't absolutely required but they are sure great to have. Having GPS is a HUGE benefit in my opinion. Yeah they burn more juice.

BUT I have a 2 extra batteries for the flasher (and the camera) in a milk crate that stays in the truck along with extra auger blades and extra 1lb propane tank or two for the auger and some basic tools.

If my flasher or camera runs out of juice, I swap the batteries and carry on. I think I paid $50 for 2 larger capacity replacement batteries (I think the added batteries are something like 2 amp hours higher in capacity and only 1/4" taller - so they fit nicely and last significantly longer).

I like bells and whistles. I can't live without the GPS - I can return right to the perfect spot where I found that highly productive spot right on weed line or drop off letting me limit out on jumbos more days than not.
I can do the same thing off my phone. Ice fishing you are just looking to get back to a certain way point and the gps on most phones these days is good enough to get you within feet.