View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Probably will be reading about this fellow at some point too.

https://rdnewsnow.com/2020/09/21/att...fgDm0iIGO96-Vc

Oh, that is just too wonderful.....thanks, activist judge, and slick defense lawyer, for making the public much safer with this guy out. Really.

Defense lawyer Maurice Collard said in the past five years that he has been Strawberry’s lawyer they have succeeded in beating about 60 of his charges – many of which have been very serious.

“What that tells me is that when someone who is marginalized and Indigenous like Mr. Strawberry is put up against all of the resources of the police and the government, that they can still have success in the justice system,” Collard said. “That means the justice system is working for everybody, not just a few privileged people. I think that’s something that should be celebrated by everybody.”

Oh, you bet I'm celebrating that it isn't just the Justin Trudeau's and Bill Morneau's of this country that can't be held to account. Having a violent criminal out and about because his lawyer can beat the charges is completely inspiring and worth cheering about. Yipee.

Yep, it's because of colonialism, the guy deserves a break. And it was only 60 different charges in the last five years. That is the definition of a model citizen right there....

In sentencing, Justice Monica Bast acknowledged both Strawberry’s lengthy criminal record and struggles as a youth, growing up largely in foster care and dealing with substance abuse, the effects of residential schools on his family, and other challenges brought on by colonialism.

I'm sure you are right AB, we will be hearing more about this peaceful guy turning his life around as well. Hopefully, it involves him having a disagreement with his defense attorney and using the machete on him, and not some other person.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone