View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 04:38 PM

Thumbs up Awesome Duck Recipe

I'm actually reposting this from an age old AO thread which is located here:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...ht=duck+breast

It is post 26 from the thread. I have used this a ton, and have always had great results. Shout out to Sjmejak who originally posted this winner.

I use a stuffing of provolone cheese, spinach and proscuitto ham. You can also use kale, mozza, bacon, whatever. Brilliant recipe.

Hope I am not breaking any rules by reposting it!!

Deep fried stuffed duck breast.

Posted this on another forum but figured it would fit here again. It's a way of cooking ducks and geese that will appeal even to people who say they don't like waterfowl but still has enough of the duck flavor to appeal to those of us who do like it. Try this out, you won't be disappointed with the results.

Step one: Pluck the breast of a medium to large duck and singe of the pin feathers.

Step 2: Cut the breast off the bone in one piece so that you have the 2 halves still connected by the skin.

Step 3: Cut a crosshatch pattern on the meat side of the breast but be carefull not to cut all the way through. Season meat side well with salt and pepper, cajun seasoning, or my favorite --OLD BAY.

Step 4: Put your favorite stuffing in the breast and tie the breast up with butcher string as shown (skewers or good sharp tooth picks can be used to hold it together too ). The stuffing shown is just ritz crackers, salt, pepper and parsley. But I've used fruit, herb, and sausage stuffings too.

Step 5. Roll in a light dusting of flour and deep fry at about 345-350 until the skin's really nice and brown(or roast at 425 for 20 minutes -- baste with oil or butter as she's going). Take out of oil, drain, dust with your favorite seasoning salt or spice and let sit about 5 minutes before taking off the string and slicing. Should be medium rare when done. I serve this with a drizzle of sauce made from lemon juice, mayonaise, capers, green onion, salt/pepper, hot sauce and worchesteshire.

Edit: The original thread had pics. I couldn't figure out how to get them cut over. But the pics were nice and very helpful!!!