View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 09:33 AM

Default Air ambulance service in southern Alberta

Hey folks, heads up regarding the HALO air ambulance service in southern Albert is on its last legs. I am not very much aware of the business or services in a very good working knowledge. But it is being reported that they have told the counties and MD’s that they are going to be limiting service at the end of this month with a further limiting of service by August which to my understanding is a complete removal of air ambulance services in the primarily south east portion of the province.
Could someone please help me out in looking this up a bit more and providing a link to this issue as I’m not very good with this sort of thing. I have always had the understanding that this service was available in this area and I would really not be very comfortable knowing this service is gone when hunting or fishing in that area of the province. As hunters, I feel we should make our case known to the province as I believe this to be an essential service that we can’t let go. For those of you that don’t know, STARS doesn’t service that part of the province as they do not have equipment able to make the journey from Calgary to these areas without refueling. So they refuse to go down that way. I think HALO is based out of Medicine Hat but I might be wrong there.