Thread: Violent farmers
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 08:33 PM

Had some local scumbags in 160 give me and my dad a hard time 12 years ago. I actually quit hunting for a while partly because of this. They harassed us and constantly kept telling us we were trespassing, told us we were on the wrong land and needed to be on another section (they were actually trying to get us to trespass on their buddies land, which made no sense then but later on we understood what they were up to) we would go back to the farmer and confirm all the details. Even the farmer was starting to wonder why we had come back multiple times and which ppl these were causing these issues.

One day our trailer is vandalized while we are out for the morning.

Next time we go we are having lunch on the side of the road and rcmp shows up alleging we were trespassing on another farmers land. We deny the allegation, so he calls in backup. He’s a senior officer and these two that come in as back up are juniors, they can see something is amiss here because they don’t understand why they were called out. They don’t see an infraction.

They talk for a while then the youngest officer gets this disgusted look on his face and turns to his partner. I know bull**** is coming now. Him and his partner come up to us and explain they have to give us trespassing tickets. We say why, they say solemnly “you can fight this in court.” I keep pressing the issue and then I find out the real reason. That senior officer is FRIENDS with the guys who were trying to make us trespass! The junior officer said that we probably shouldn’t even bother hunting out here because of them and that they harass everyone.

So I went to court to fight the tickets on the day that it said to. Court couldn’t find any record of them. So the junior officers didn’t even file the tickets because they knew it was harassment.

I shot the next mule deer buck I saw and haven’t even applied for a mule deer draw ever since. My biggest regret in that hunt was passing up a young buck 4x4 with drop tines; he was nice but I knew he was young so I wanted him to grow up and be somebodies amazing story. I wish I shot him so those scumbags could look on his undersized frame with sorrow. Yeah that sounds petty but eff those guys and their whole effing family.

As for the rcmp officer; he should be ashamed that he used his authority so he could bully ethical hunters. He’s not worthy of the badge and an insult to all law enforcement.

It’s 10 years ago and as I type this... I’m still ****ed off (you may have noticed). I wish I got that first officers badge number but I was pretty young and didn’t know how to handle that kind of situation.

All this over some stupid antlers.