Thread: Violent farmers
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda610 View Post
When I was 15 my dad took me deer hunting at my uncles in Vermillion. We arrive at the field in the dark to be confronted by two guys claiming to have sole permission on the quarter of land we were gonna hunt as they were the neighbors sons. Blah blah. My dad told them well this is the grandson and nephew of who actually owns the land....they made a quick exit. That was 22 years ago. Also had an outfitter tell me he has exclusive access to my uncles land
World is full of people like that
Had similar issues around Stettler back in the day. Get permission, 2 hr drive, get there in the dark, other trucks at the gate already. Told to go somewhere else as they have the only permission. What's a city guy to do, no cell phones back then so can't call the landowner to get things figured out, not going to drive to his house in the early am to whine about it. Can't have 6 guys(4 of them) on one property. So off to another property and hope its not being used. Sucked big time and after a few incidents, moved me back to the crown land for many years. I don't need that crap to hunt WT.

Even now, I have permission on a bush quarter in farm land with maybe 2 others. They and I communicate by text so we don't step on each other. Still have so many people just park and walk in on the trails without permission. Even had a group of 5 guys pushing bush to 1 guy 2 yrs ago when I got there for an afternoon hunt. Talked to the owner that night, he was never asked if they could. The me first & screw rules mentality with some hunters is beyond frustrating.