View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 08:12 AM

Default Camping near Shell Caroline Complex

I'm hoping someone local (or with first hand knowledge) can help me out a little bit with available Crown camping near the Shell Complex south of Caroline.

The WD and I took a drive up there on Saturday of May long weekend, hoping that I'd get an idea as to how busy it could be in there. We were on the lease/access roads West of the Shell complex but still quite a bit South East of Burntstick Lake (accessing in off of Sec Hwy 61 at the Complex). Saw only one other pickup in there, which now has me thinking that:

- Shell doesn't want anyone in there or
- We're not legally allowed in there or
- The weather just kept everyone home

The roads into that area are decent enough that I can get in there with the truck and 5th wheel and we did come across some spots that were not on pipelines and also not looking out a window at facilities.

Can anyone help out with some advice please? Or point me in a direction to continue to look for an area where I'm not going to cause grief by being there? I'm unfamiliar with that area as usually, we head South into where I know the country better. But I'd like to come North as an alternative.

Thanks,

J.