Thread: Front shot
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 06:18 PM

I’ve taken two. One on a whitetail doe at 20 yards, from a tree stand, she turned a little and it went in just in front of the scapula, out the last rib, down in 30 yards. Blood everywhere. One blade touched the inside edge of the scapula, that’s how close I was to a bad shot.

Second was on a mulie buck I called in, 30 yards from a ground blind, last 5 min, snow on the ground. Hit him dead center on the hair I was aiming at. Got to the spot, hair but no blood. Couldn’t believe it. Followed tracks until I lost them in bunch of others in willows. Ended up down wind, smelled rutted up buck, found him within a few min of the shot. He went about 50 yards, arrow/fletching and fat plugged the hole. Using a 70 lb bow, slick trick broadheads and heavy micro diameter arrows.

Based on my experiences, I don’t recommend it, despite quick recoveries both times.

What stinky posted should be studied. The thoracic opening is small, higher than you think (NOT at the color change) and arrows that touch the outside of a first or second rib will tend to be directed outwards along the rib cage, not into the vitals.