View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 07:48 AM

Default Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
I don't know how much experience you have with grazing leases but I used to lease 4 1/2 sections and I would have been miles ahead buying land instead. Not only did I lose financially, every year some one would leave my gates open and allow my cows to drift all over the country. Quadders drive all over it and rut it up so that the trails are almost impassible and cut the fence if they didn't find a gate on the pipeline they were following. See the attached photo for another benefit of lease land that the public has access to.

In 15 years I had one person call and ask for permission. We told her to go ahead but she would be carrying anything she shot out on her back and never heard from her again. Before you jump down my throat for that, not one person on this board would let her or her husband on their place if they knew them.

When I finally draw my Cadomin ram tag I'm marching into mine office and demanding access to the reclaimed mine. Who do they think they are keeping me off the mine when all they have rights for is the coal?
The mine site is a game preserve, a bit different than a grazing lease.