View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiloil37 View Post
If nobody wants to discuss this I’ll leave it alone but why do you guys above accept that as “normal” for archery tackle?

Guys shoot through this with an arrow

And this

And elephants, hippos and rhinos.

Before you get to those ribs you’ve got to get through the hide on these animals. Ever seen the leather on a water buff?

But those above accept that we occasionally can’t penetrate this

Or even more pathetically, can’t penetrate a deer.

And it’s accepted as fact. “Oh, you made a bad shot. Better luck next time”.

The internet is full of information, it’s also full of urban legend and misinformation. I’ll admit I did plenty of reading “online” after I had failures but then I did the testing. Lots of testing and I’ll be the first to tell you that your not only wrong to accept what you have but you’ve got your heads in the sand if you don’t want to critically evaluate your gear and change some things to make it perform better then it is. Your accepting poor performance because your not willing to look for an alternative and the “internet” told you that’s just how it is.
100% couldn't agree more. Stick bow archers understand heavy, slow cut on contact single bevel tackle all too well. Unfortunately speed is addictive and makes getting every extra foot of range that much easier. And the majority of the time it works, until it doesn't.

I draw blood and I and my hunt is over, regardless of animal being flesh wounded or dead. Always have and ways will. I haven't wounded and animal in a long time but the first time I did I was a boy. I made a poor shot with the rifle on a deer and we
ever did find it. My dad took my tag and tossed it in the campfire. Not out of anger, but out of necessity. I spent the rest of that season watching my youger brother get to hunt when I couldn't. I really noticed how careful and selective he was. That hunting season changed me as a person. There shouldn't be any 'miques, or gimmies' when your attempting to kill another living creature. Now I'm not saying not to go after a wounded animal, you 100% are obligated to. But if that animal sheds it's blood and you never find it. It won, you lost. Go practice for the rest of the season, try again next year. Having this mentally will force one to re-evaluate ones whole hunting prowess.