View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy95 View Post
I just did a quick check vs the mountain house on 72 hrs and it depends on the meal. For most things regular price vs regular price Briden is cheaper. You do have to spend twice as much for free shipping though. That being said the peak refuel marinara is my favourite freeze dried meal by far, the breakfast skillet not so much but hey you can’t win them all.
The Peak Marinara used to be one of my favorites until they just launched their 6 new meals... now the Chicken Pesto Pasta has won my heart! I'm curious to know what you think once you have tried the new ones.

As for the skillet - try turning it upside down and shaking it before you rehydrate - I have found that the seasoning settles to the bottom and it is far more enjoyable when the seasoning is mixed in properly.

If anyone is interested in trying them we are doing Peak Refuel taste testing at our open house tomorrow (Saturday, Aug 10th from 10:00-12:00) at Briden Solutions just west of Calgary. There is also a free beef on a bun lunch between 12:00-1.

You can also see an awesome article that reviews Peak in the August edition of the Alberta Outdoorsmen by Kevin Wilson as well as a sponsored ad.