View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 11:55 AM

So Friday I went out and set up a target to go through the extensive Christensen Arms break in process. Fire 6 shots, then clean the barrel. Running a nylon brush through 30 times, so 60 passes, more cleaning, and then 6 more shots, and then the same cleaning process again, until 50 rounds are fired.

With the limbsaver recoil pad I had no issues with comfort. Even after 50 rounds it was like I hadn't shot anything. My other rifle also chambered in 7mm08 with no recoil pad does get tiring after a shooting session.

I had a few targets and wanted to shoot some groups, but after I got all set up and walked out to set up my target I realized I had chosen a muskeg field. I knew this area looked too good lol. So I made one trip to set up one target, and one trip to clean up. Those walks were exhausting.

I didn't mess around with any load development. Just wanted to fire the 50 rounds, then start messing with loads. The cheapest bullets I had were 140 grain nosler ballistic tips so that's what I used. With 42 grains of IMR 4350. Which is the starting load in my nosler book. And 50 new hornady brass.

I have some Accubonds and tipped tsx both 140 grains, and 175 grain long range Accubonds. So I'll develop a load for each of these.

With my wobbly table and chair and not concentrating too hard on accuracy, it didn't shoot bad at all.

Loading the rifle from the top and having the cases straight so they don't bind up in the magazine is something I'll have to get used to.

So to sum it up... so far I'm very pleased with this rifle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20201012-104131_Gallery.jpg (36.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20201012-104147_Gallery.jpg (28.3 KB, 29 views)