View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
Pulled a tag in 520 once seen 2 moose In the zone the entire trip it was the late draw. Lots of deer and lots of black bears. I won’t be returning for moose. Sup whitetail and walleye or black bears for sure but hard no for moose in the second draw. Best advice is bring quads tuff to push the Bush it’s so thick out there and pickups don’t do well on the trails and in that mud.
If I was to hunt that area, it would be late season, I would just drive roads fairly aggressively looking for tracks, if you are lucky you might find some tracks to follow. Follow these pretty quickly until you figure out whether you have a bull (find where the moose has urinated), if you have a bull track then stay on it because you will probably not find another one. Personally I would leave the quad behind and instead bring a chainsaw, a stout packframe, and a heavy duty toboggan. IMO a quad is of value if you happen to know where a particularly good pocket is, if you don't you are better off covering lots of miles in the hopes of finding some moose tracks crossing the road, and when you track your moose it is a pretty rare occasion that a quad can be used for the recovery.