View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 09:39 PM

A few bucks are dropping...but I think it's still a little early to be getting real serious about finding sheds as most bucks are still carrying. In years past, I've found them as early as first week in December...and have seen bucks still packing as late as late April. But generally speaking, a large majority of the shedding will take place between early February and mid-March...at least in my area. Maybe there are slight variations in peak shedding times in different parts of their range...
I've found 4 so far this year but that was mostly just from being "out and about" in good deer country...they are still few and far in between.
Like I stated in a earlier post in this thread.. I'm fortunate to have a good-size herd wintering in my yard...and I get to observe them every morning and afternoon. In this particular herd, there are 12 identifiable/recognizable bucks. One of the more mature bucks shed a little while back...but as of yesterday afternoon, the other 11 are still carrying both sides. Here are a few pics from the last 48 hours...

c028kCbb.jpg

ODsWT7hb.jpg

f1x55q9b.jpg

LDPfnOhb.jpg

dEhty7Qb.jpg

DXQGpXxb.jpg

DCruPSNb.jpg