View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbuck View Post
Yesterday ended up being a pretty good afternoon. It was a beautiful day outside and after lunch, I decided to go to one of my regular deer hunting spots to check some coyote snares I had put out at the request of the landowner. Once there, I proceeded to unload the calf sled and start the 1mile trek in and out on the cutline that bisects his property (landowner allows me access to hunt and trap his property but foot access only...and I'm more than happy to oblige). I only had 6 snares set on random trails as the owner didn't want any bait put out (he was concerned about his dog wandering...)
I wasn't expecting much success but was pleasantly surprised to find 4 coyotes in the 6 snares I had set. The walk out with the full calf sled was a satisfying feeling.
After getting everything loaded into the truck, it was time to head home. But because he had requested me to do so, I stopped by at the landowner's house with the intention of quickly informing him of the catch but...as so often happens...he convinced to stay a bit longer for a visit. After a few coffees, some good conversation with said landowner and his wife, and him extending my hunting/trapping privileges for next year...I finally hit the road home towards late afternoon.
What had already been a good day was made even better as I headed westward with a nice sunset in front of me...

Great post northbuck! I really enjoy "extended" posts like this. And a solid sunset photo! Not many things are better than driving west at the right time of the day.

Surprised to hear that only one out of 12 dropped the armour so far. I was sure that cold streak (after the warmth) will get them shedding. I stand corrected
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLayden View Post
Saw two bull moose carrying both sides still.
Interesting. And thank you for mentioning it.