Thread: Rendezvous
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 11:33 AM

My first rendezvous was in Drayton Valley. I have family their I figured it was like any other boat and sportman trade show. Just a bunch of salesmen trying to get you to sign up for a free hat draw so they can harass you later. It wasn't at all. We only went for the day. We didn't realize that it was a two day event.

I was blown away with the demos, the great trapping folk, speed skinning, and watching the UTC (ultimate trapper competition) they had to carry a beaver thru a mud pit. What a lot of fun. Me and my bro were hooked. Met a lot of friends that live across the province and in different provinces. I alway come away learning a new trick or tip to make things easier or better.
I didn't make it this year. I had a fight to GP picked out but my work schedule made things difficult and being a contractor you don't say no to work in these times. So my brother made the trek. He said it was great some old friends some new folk it's just great.
I'm glad marty showed up. Too bad I wasn't there to give him a hard time about something. Hahaha
Once you go for the full weekend you'll be hooked and show darn near every year. The food is always great some talented caterers out there. The rendezvous only gets bigger and bigger every year.
I'm kinda ****ed that I missed it.

If you have an old lady that doesn't want to go... go with out her. Some of you guys might sleep on the couch for a week but it's totally worth it.