Thread: Scotch
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltmania View Post
Wow that's some high end stuff.
I tried the Benriach 12 sherry finish this summer with my dad and It's excellent. Post back once you open your 21 and let us know what you think
I shall do so....I expect great things from it. And I agree with you about the Macallan Amber being over rated for the price point. None of the new 'non age statement' color coded Macallans can hold a candle to the old Fine Oak series. Which is precisely why I put about 30 bottles away, ranging from 12-25 years. I also completely agree with your appreciation for the Aberlour A'Bunadh, a great dram indeed. The 10 year old is a go to everyday dram, one I can enjoy without thinking about what I paid for it haha. A fine distillery in every respect.

Oh, and for the record, this year's Cairdeas is better than last year's Port finish, in my opinion and contrary to the review I posted. I've had both, this one is really a great sipper, and worthy of attention. I've never had anything else finished in the Amontillado Casks, and I like it.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 12-20-2014 at 07:18 PM.