View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
I only dabble in benchrest and haven't shot a match in a couple years or so. Personally I can't afford to keep up with the equipment or the travel expenses. I shoot all winter long but with hunting and varmint rifles. It is too hard to keep a BR rifle in tune in cold weather to consistently shoot to it's potential, let alone the effect chattering teeth have on your groups!

It's been said that it takes "teens and twos" to win a match, those "teen' aggs rarely happen and when they do mostly happen when wind conditions are playing fair. Even with good conditions with a dozen shooters or so, more often than not only a couple or three guys out of a dozen shooting a match will agg in the mid .2's, aggs in the "teens" are rare. Even with the rigs they shoot and the knowledge many of these shooters have I would guess that if you averaged the aggs of every shooter at a weekend match it would be in the .3s to .4s. There are very few "teen" aggs shot, even at the highest level international events with hundreds of shooters. It takes a "teen" agg to win at that level but probably only 5% of competitors at those events actually agg in the "teens" to take home a plaque..
FEB 8, 2014 --- Thought I'd drag this post up as it sheds some light on competition level accuracy by a shooter that has been there... and provides a bit of perspective regarding our expectations regarding factory vs custom builds.
Any hearty AO'rs with new builds that fit into this challenge?