View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
LOL.. I don't think your cunning , cause I said something you thought, that's ONE reason of many!I'm more worried about the influx of poaching, implmentation of draws, more un trained people in the woods, the rep the xbows are will give bow hunters not them, and long tradition of archery, going to the dodo birds.There's nothing selfish about stating the facts, more population breeds more problems(but i'm willing to see an arguement saying I'm wrong about that).....Hook line and sinker, you proved you just want to play devils advicate, because you don't fully understand the reprocasions that will arise.

Again when it's too late , it's too hard to fix!!!!
I'm a pretty reasonable person. If you or anyone for that matter could present me with FACTS supporting your argument, my opinion (which is pretty neutral admittedly) could be swayed.

Lets take N America as the area. Of the states and provinces where xbows have been allowed during archery season, has there been an increase in poaching? Has the long tradition of archery gone the way of the dodo bird? Have the woods been filled with untrained (define trained?) people?

Having someone playing devils advocate is a good think. Helps take the emotional and knee jerk reactions out of play.

I'm all ears. I'll do a little googling over the lunch hour to see if anything comes up.