View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 07:54 AM
Shooting Xs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Soooooo?? why not just buy a Sako/Tikka and be done? Rather then, let's buy a modular rifle so we can swap out parts, so some day we might?? own a real rifle. The "there is a sucker born everyday" manufactures LOVE Remington's.
And you don't own any of these custom after market based 700's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
That’s the part I could never understand. Buy a rifle that needs 17 upgrades and call it the best because of all the possible upgrades.
You like your custom model 70's also, what's not to like in a CRF based hunting rifle?

I wasn't going to wade into this discussion, but lots of us like to upgrade a variety of manufacturers rifles to improve performance for use in specific disciplines and/or to personalize for fit or suit to taste, either doing it ourselves if you are able or inclined or by a Gunsmith/Rifle builder.
Remington and Savage after market parts are the easiest to acquire, likely for the simple fact of greater number of factory sales of both, making them attractive for after market enterprises.
Also, there are a lot of high end custom actions based on that " sucker born every minute" M700 foot print, based partly on that reason and the design works.

As far as overall cartridge I would think the 30- 06 fills that niche quite well taking into consideration a number of variables, available makes and models, ammo choices, etc. Difficult to pin down to one, with so many to choose from according to one's personal opinion or view point.

Sure seems to get people riled up.