View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
I have been using sauna, steam rooms and the combination of both all my life. But I am not an expert, lol! Here is what I can tell you I a nutshell.
The main difference is the temperature. Dry sauna tends to use the temp between 80 to 100C. You choose the right temp that you can comfortably tolerate so you can spend 15-20 min in a sauna room.
The steam room temp usually is lower, between 60-80C depending on the amount of steam it produces. It is usually easier to tolerate the steam room temp for the people that don’t use it often. Your skin will feel nice and hot in a steam room because of the steam and not a temp.
My personal favourite is the Russian style sauna where you splash the water on a rocks creating the amount of steam you desire. But that is usually is not available in your typical gym. Their heating stoves are electric and aren’t designed to get water on it. There are special heaters thou for that purpose.
If you ever happen to be in Edmonton, I can take you to the real (as real as it gets here) Russian sauna and show you the “proper” way of enjoying it.
And no, no drinking vodka there either, lol!
Russian banya vs Finnish sauna. The Finns win.