View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind drift View Post
It’s a problem with a basket full of causes. The solution is multi-faceted and not easy. Restrictions on oil and gas, forestry and agriculture have been heresy to a province hungry for growth. It sucks that our fisheries are collateral sacrifices. What does it gain us to increase GDP and lose an irreplaceable resource and a heritage in the process? On the other hand, what’s to be gained by fishing for remnants? Don, you say we’ve been asked to give up a lot. Perhaps. Or perhaps we really got our cake and have eaten it too. Maybe the real, hard losses are still to come.

I don’t know how hard we’re going to have to work to reverse the trend. What I do know is that I’ve never heard of a fishing club staging a protest at a hanging culvert or blocking a sediment-puking lease road, but I’ve heard lots of complaints about reduced bag limits.
Winddeoft,

You are bang on right. Watching the posts on forums give a real clue of Anglers thoughts. As I pointed out to a friend the day, the real concerned in Alberta couldn’t fill a school bus.
The rest seem to be all excited by the newest fly/lure, access, new spot to plunder and on and on.
The Anglers attitude has allowed the god awful situation we have today.

Don