View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
How much trap do you plan too shoot?
There are many good brands and types on the market.
I was speaking to an old friend last year who at one time was ranked in the top ten of international trap shooters Worldwide , and we both agreed besides fit, the sky is the limit but most shooters do not need to spend a great amount of money on a good gun.
he remarked that he could still drag out his 1100 Remington to an ATA trap field and likely clean the course if not only drop a bird.

You can buy a very inexpensive attachment to grab thee ejected shell , if reloading is in the works as well.

There are many good semis on the market as well as O/U's, and singles like the BT99.
A used BT99 or 1100 will let you spend the money saved on ammo.
Personally, I am a big fan of the old Wingmasters, and these days shoot 7/8 or 1oz loads , so recoil is not a factor after a flat of ammo.

Make sure you can hit with whatever you are buying !
Cat
x2 for all the aforementioned... i can still wipe up the field with a 1970's winnie 101 in 20ga .. and also held court as a a 17 year old with an 1100 ... that said i have shot most of the best and to me it all comes down to fit x fit x fit ... presently run a browning cx3 with mueller chokes ... but still bring out the 101 (40K+ rounds and still tight)