View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 09:15 AM

Default Good questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
Markg. Congrats. I’m trying to learn.
Can you tell me about your shooting position. Your rests. Bags. Total Weight of gun. How much movement do you see of your crosshairs on the target. Thank you.
I shoot from a prone position( laying down) with a good bipod and rear bag. At first I was using a sock filled with popcorn as a rear bag but I bought a proper rear bag with a hand hold and that helped. The key is to front load your bipod (push your weight forward) without loosing your natural point of aim. This greatly reduces the shake or movement t of your cross hairs. I’ll post a training video I watched that helped me a lot.

https://youtu.be/weBuYmnpg38

I hope you and others that are trying to achieve the same goal find this helpful

While trying to do this I knew my shooting technique was fairly good but I couldn’t see my misss. So I bought a bigger target (IPSC) this helped a lot as well. I must have been barely missing the target but it’s likely that my group size was reasonable small. I would recommend buying as large of a target as you can afford or build for that distance and then once your on it work at reducing group size.

Thanks to everyone who has followed my journey and I hope some of the things I have learned I can share. Thank you to a Avery knowledgeable bunch on this forum that have offered up some excellent advice on how to get there.