View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 03:40 PM

Default Truck electrical issues IDEAS WELCOME

So here's the story. 08 gmc 2500hd 4x4 crew cab long box. Last friday my wife was driving into town and the tranny kicked into limp mode. She pulled over and shut it down, and the truck would not start again. When I got there we noticed the indicator line that tells you what position the gear shifter is in wasn't there. Tried everything I could but could not start the truck. Got it towed to the mechanic. When he looked at it on Monday it still didn't have the indicator line but after turning the key 20 or more times the line appeared and the truck started but the whole left side of the dash board wasn't working properly( needles jumping all over ) then after a few seconds the line disappeared again and kicked the tranny back into limp mode. After a week of tracing possible problems we can't find anything. Now it's been 3 days since we have been able to start it. It won't even start by powering up the starter. The mechanic is stumped I'm stumped. Just looking for possible ideas to try and hoped someone on here had a outside the box idea we could try.

We have replaced the switch on the ignition
Checked all fuse boxes for good connections
Traced all wiring we can find from the steering column
Checked all the grounds

No one has been able to find where that indicator line is powered from yet???

Thanks for any ideas, even simple ones, never know something might just work