View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
you know very little of carp, and it is very very simple to eradicate a species.look up the ebro,or the affect of nile perch on lake victoria. im not sure of the proper name but a river has a capacity for fish biomass change that artificially in the natives favor ie flood the system with various year classes of our natural cold water predators. it mite take a few years but our natural fish have the capacity to do the job if action is made quickly. given that it is probably to late, oh and walleye have been eradicated from some of our lakes by angling pressure and compatition with other native fish??
Yes I do know very little of carp but... if its that easy to get rid of them then how come they still exist in other systems where they have been introduced. I remember seeing the statistics on survival rates when stocking coldwater predators and its not very good, deffinatly less effective than stocking trout. While I think your idea is probably better than forming a doughball army I dont know if I have complete faith in it.

Your second suggestion about netting the spawn is a very good idea.