View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 01:32 AM

Default Fletchings - what is everyone using ?

3 inch, shield cut, unprocessed feathers from wild turkeys. Nothing else comes close. They’re lighter, provide more control over the broadhead, last forever, laugh at blood and rain and look awesome.
If you’ve used factory feathers before and think they’re similar your mistaken. The factory cut, processed feathers are junk.

We’ve all seen something like this before?

Four days later I rinsed it out. Didn’t even have to touch it and it popped back out proud.

Usually after a kill I swish it in a puddle and it doesn’t stain. I had to soak it for a while to get the rest of the blood out.

That bloody feather is in this quiver. These were fletched about five years ago and have done all of my target practice and all of my kills. I haven’t refletched any of them. I do have about five more that are also used for target practice but these have all been shot through animals and into targets thousands of times.

These were in the rain for a few hours last month. One went through the bear, none of them show any issues from being wet. (Sorry about the pic, I’m cropping to show the fletching).

Couple minutes after it went through the bear.

This one was six years old, on my previous batch and was shot through a whisker biscuit for five years.

Feather fletching, it’s why we’ve got turkeys. Plastic is a poor imitation and processing feathers is an injustice.

Last edited by Coiloil37; 06-04-2018 at 01:38 AM.