View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 08:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlou View Post
I've done some testing on vanes/feathers using my labradar to track velocity over 60 yards then charting the corresponding drag curve of each configuration. Definitely not a scientific study, but I did try to minimize variables as much as possible (same batch of arrows, same fletching settings, same arrow components, etc).

Interestingly, the Q2i Fusion 1.75" has an almost identical drag curve out to 60 yards as a Blazer vane (likely due to the stiffness of the Fusion vs the Blazer). However, since the profile of the Fusion is much smaller than the Blazer, it had significantly less wind drift.

I've tested: Trueflight 2" HP feathers, AAE Pro Max, X-Vane 1.75, X-Vane 2.25, Fusion x2 1.75, and Blazers.
Here's a link to the results for my initial testing if anyone is interested:
https://i.imgur.com/2JTXC74.jpg
Would love to see those comparisons with flex fletch flash 2.0! And other flex fletch vanes.

To the OP, flex fletch is where the buck stops in fletching imo. Cosmic green is thee color as well. I've had samples of all the colors taped to cardboard and put on my fence in the yard to observe for days in all light conditions. The flo red (which is basically flo hot pink) and the cosmic green popped the best most of the time but the cosmic green was the winner, it's hard to capture the cosmic green in pictures but it's awesome. Their vanes such as flash, sk200/300, ffp360, i think there's a ffp300 that would work also, are the ones to check out.

i fletch the flash with the arizona mini fletcher helical also but now i see the arizona fletchers offer one that can do 3" vanes so i'd consider the sk300 or ffp300 also for fixed? and use the new arizona fletcher for 3" vanes

they are ultra thin, ultra stiff vanes that are so tough compared to anything else i've used. i used blazers for a long time and these are easily half as thick and twice as stiff

gold tip tip grip glue, prime the vanes, clean shafts, good to go in about 5-6 min in the fletcher and then ready for next arrow