View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeneil View Post
I'm hesitant to post about my recent reloading screw up adter seeing how often people are attacked on this forum but here it goes.
I'm on my way to the gunsmith this afternoon with the result of a reloading mistake. I use a Lee 1000 progressive, last time I was rollin some .357 up the primer feed got jammed up, a common problem with these machines, and I must have double charged a case. Needless to say my GP100 didn't take kindly to my error and she went BOOM big time! The case was blown back in the chamber jamming the cylinder shut and when I tapped it open the perforated primer fell right out on the floor, the case was stuck and had to be tapped out. The revolver shows no obvious signs of damage other that the cylinder doesn't turn freely now.
I never really saw the need to part with the cash for a dillon progressive but I'm reconsidering that now. Don't get me wrong it's not that I blame my press, I know full well that any machine is only as good as the fool pulling the handle but from what I hear the blue machines work a lot better and are less prone to malfunction.

I use a hornady locknload progressive. I don't load for pistols but still use there powder cop on the station between the thrower and the seating die it is basily a rod with a colored oring on it . It gives you a quick reference on powder charge.