View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwest View Post
It’s amazing how some people will just sit there and watch someone struggle and get pi$$ed off and give them dirty looks. Get off your high horse and offer some help. Last year the water level was low at the lake we were at in Sask. An older couple had launched their pontoon boat but had backed in too far and the trailer tires had gone over the edge of the concrete ramp boat was already off trailer. I pulled in and there were 4 others in line ahead of me sitting there watching this 65 year old couple with there truck in 4 wheel drive trying to get the trailer out without pulling it into 2 pieces. As soon as I pulled in I hoped out of the truck walked past 4 other yuppies sitting in their trucks cursing and swearing and shaking there heads I talked to the frustrated older gentleman and had him back the trailer up a foot or so to get away from the concrete lip. I waded into the water up to my waist and lifted the trailer by myself the buoyancy factor was in my favour the trailer basically floated once I lifted. He drove forward and away he went. Husband and Wife thanked me and offered me $20. I refused the money of course. I hope those other yuppies in their trucks realized they were a bunch of jerks after watching how easy it was.
Well done sir.