View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 09:54 PM

Smile Smoker- recipes and mods

If there is enough interest Im willing to create a sticky thread for all smoker recipes, mods done to smokers, pics of smokers- do's and don'ts, likes and dislikes and create our own smoking community. Be great to share recipes and venture our from our usual smoking escapades. If interest follow below as discussed above

I will start with my last thread and I had a few promise candy salmon recipe if we made a sticky. Once we have a few going, I will stick the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Watching Omega post his smoker threads got me off my butt!

Thought I would try pulled beef on the ol's smoker, did a dry rub and marinated for 24 hours. Tried out my new AMNPS, worth every penny. The hickory pellets smoked beautifully for 7 hours and still had about 3 hours worth left, no reloading ,fuss or muss and pellets cost about a buck for 10 hours. I also added a 90 degree elbow with vents open fully, made a big different, way better drafting. There wont be many wood chip smokes use in my future After 7 hours, wrapped it up in tinfoil and finished cooking for another 3.5 hours to my desired temp, then wrapped roast beef in tinfoil in a blanket filling up all the space in my cooler for another hour and a half and voila.

Dry rub:

Roast Rub (I used it on some chicken thighs too and they came out great!!!):
1 TBSP Garlic powder
1 TBSP Onion powder
1 TBSP Black pepper
1 TBSP Kosher salt
1 TBSP Paprika
1/8 TBSP Cayenne pepper

last minute I did add some brown sugar. I also smeared yellow mustard over the roast prior to putting the rub on, really helped everything adhere, works great. The ym evaporates with no taste to the meat

Smoker set at 225 degrees, smoked for 6-7 hours using hickory wood pellets, waited till internal temperature hit 160 degrees. pulled amnsp out and roast. wrapped roast in tinfoil as needed so no more browning, just cooking time. Put back in smoker until temps hit 195-200 degrees. take out in tinfoil, wrap in towels or blanket and put in cooler (key is no space in cooler) let sit for 2-3 hours. Take it out, will still be hot , should pull apart using fingers and serve to your liking

just put in the smoker

would have looked nicer if between the time I left to grab my iphone the kids didn't cut the strings and already started digging in, urghhhh

now ready to start eating, fell apart with the fingers,didnt need a knife or fork. most tender and juiciest roast beef I have had

Last edited by Pixel Shooter; 01-23-2014 at 11:40 AM.