Thread: Dead Grizzly?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 05:00 PM

I agree they did would should of been done. i like how they say the Grizzlys are on a decline. Hmmmm maybe in some areas but not in others. I see more and hear of more and more seen by other hunters where i hunt. We use to never see them, the odd sighting by someone else. But now we have them thru our camp every year now. I seen 2 on the same mountain one day (not together). and my hunting partners saw one more in the next valley. So decline I find hard to believe. Maybe along the trans Canada Highway and a few other locations, But not all of Alberta!!!!

It's always a risk going into the mountains, yes. however how many families Camp at around Mountianaire lodge and Yaha area????????? Not HUNTERS I MIGHT ADD. My relatives and friends do and they DON'T HUNT or keep a gun in camp to protect themselves...Now if this was a problem Bear and it took down a kid....then what??? F&W took the proper precautions nessary. WE CAN'T JUST HOPE IT WAS A FLUKE (wrong place wrong time deal)

Job well done congrats to F&W for finding the bear and taking no chances with anyone elses life.