Thread: Wmu 406
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 02:08 AM

It’s a Friday night and I can’t sleep – so here I am. I use to hunt alone in 406 from about 1997 till around 2005. I usually camped at Little Elbow. I harvested a couple of mulie doe’s, but it was tough hunting and packing them out on foot. I did see some nice sized bucks, but could never climb fast enough to get a shot - its steep country to hunt – you have to hunt only the high country out there for them.
The biggest issue was the amount of granola munchers from the city around on the weekends. After the first few years I would leave my camp set up and go home on the weekends – you couldn’t swing a cat without hitting a group of mountain bikers or day hikers on a Saturday afternoon. I lost count of the number of times people rolled or walked past me oblivious to my presence while I was trying to still hunt in the bush in the lower elevations (Not to mention the shocked and dirty looks I got if I was walking along or across any of the trails dressed in full camo with a rifle on my shoulder)
Mondays to Thursdays were the best day to hunt out there. That’s my 2 cents. Always remember YMMV. PS: I wish I had a few trail cameras back then – Great photos NS
Ducknut.