View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 11:12 AM

Default 40 years heres to another 40

Quick photo of our Sept 1st opener. This one was special as it marked the 40th year I have bird hunted with my best friend. We have been best friends since Grade 1. Started at his dads farm when we were 12. We have come a long way from water shooters and puddle jumpers to field guys, rubber decoys made from tires to Big Foots, hunting out of the 1982 Honda Civic hatchback to a trailer with lights, honored to hunt with some of the best dogs ever in Patches, Amber, Rebel, Bandit, Duke, Tazz, Fritz, and Buzz who we lost this summer.. Skeeba is left and new kid Nixon will carry the torch....

We use to work all summer to buy a case of Imperial #4's from Army and Navy downtown now we shoot steel.

Our kids hunt together and now they are introducing girlfriends. Throw in some guiding a number of years ago, and full time jobs lots of early September mornings but I wouldn't trade it for anything. The hunt is the hunt but the friendship and the camaraderie is everything.

Blessed to enjoy so many mornings. And in November when everyone is killing deer we will sneak out just the two of us with no kids no friends and find a small duck shoot where we will smack talk and shoot 16 green heads like we have done for 40 years and that will end our season..

Hope all of you have that friend you can share the memories with. Enjoy the season

HT.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sept 1 2017.jpg (46.2 KB, 651 views)
File Type: jpg Nix.jpg (27.1 KB, 481 views)