View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
I do agree with Chuck, if it was so dry then why did the government not close the forestry down in the beginning of August when there were probably 3-4 times more people using the forestry. It was just as dry then as it is now. The way I see it with the new park in place the government was giving the users a grace period, and the government is breaking in the users of what to expect in the future. There will be no random camping, no OHV use, and no hunting. Remember what the regs. Say about hunting in a provincial park, and the government conveniently named both parks provincial parks. With these free permits for random camping and discharge permits they are just taking inventory of how many people use this area. So the next step will be to pay for permits which I believe every tax payer already pays enough taxes. Then the final step will be to eliminate all users to the area.
Yup thats exactly what i was thinking in the previous post. It will set a precedant for things to come. Present Wildfire situation or not once areas have a designation, they will be for special groups only. It really isnt that far fetched. It would fit right in there with the Y2Y plan that I believe the NDP are on board with.