View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I'm not sure why I bother responding to you but here goes.

First the big magnums become relevant to the discussion in relation to giving beginners advice that could cost them dearly later on.

Of course I mentioned paying for having a professional fit ones shotgun should one choose to have it done.

Are you suggesting it can be done for free? If so, by who. Knowing that would be very helpful to most beginners.

So far I have tried to offer helpful advice, all you have done is suggest I am (A) a lousy shot and (B) have no idea what I am talking about. That I rant and that I ramble.

You even go so far as to state that my posts went completely off the track.

I have a hard time understanding why that is even allowed. To quote the rules;
You are very good at skirting the rules by suggesting that the un-named individual you are addressing is a lousy shot, a fool, irrelevant ext.

Here's an idea, how about instead of tearing down other members how about offering some helpful information.

I still would like to know what you suggest one do to get their shotgun fit and patterned.
See I don't think you are irrelevant. I do however think you forgot what it was like to be new to shooting and on a limited budget.

I do think your advice is good advice for experienced shooters with deep pockets. But there are a lot of guys, myself included that simply don't fit in your class of shooters.

I don't belittle you for that and I thank you not to belittle me for my situation.
You keep missing the point that you don't have to have a shotgun fitted in order to have a shotgun that fits you fairly well . If you keep shotgun fit in mind when you are shopping for a shotgun, you can avoid buying a poorly fitting shotgun in the first place. And as I pointed out , the shotgun that fits you best is not determined by cost, there are likely shotguns that fit you fairly well in a wide variety of price ranges.
This is advice that isn't going to cost a person dearly, in fact it can save them a lot of money in the long run, because they won't end up with a poorly fitting shotgun that causes them frustration in the future, and will likely end up with them buying another shotgun as a result.
One of the guys that I shoot with started out with a $2000 Benelli, because he read reviews and wanted the best shotgun that he could afford. He thought that he was shooting as well as he could, and then he tried other people's shotguns, and found out that he shoots other shotguns better, because they fit him better. He now shoots an SX-4 that cost him less than half as much as his Benelli, and he shoots it better than his Benelli. He could have saved a lot of money if he had considered fit when he first went shotgun shopping. Another club member was a 60% shooter with the shotgun he had, because it fit him very poorly. After getting frustrated for several months, he tried other members shotguns, and found that he shot them much better. He then went out and bought a shotgun that fit him, and the first day he shot the new shotgun, he not only shot over 80%, but he shot his first clean round of skeet. In fact both of those shooters earned their 25 straight patches at skeet, and both are shooting much better at birds as well.
Whether you want to accept it or not, shotgun fit can instantly improve your wingshooting, and the best way to end up with a shotgun that fits, is to consider shotgun fit before you spend money buying a new shotgun. Like most people, I have never had a shotgun professional fitted, but all of my shotguns fit me quite well, because I consider shotgun fit before I buy a shotgun.
Although I have done some minor modifications myself on my clays guns, my hunting shotguns are exactly as they left the factory, because I chose guns that fitted me from the factory.
You can continue to try and attempt to make yourself appear to be a victim , and try and make it appear as though I am personally attacking you, but that does not change the fact that bringing ultra magnum rifle cartridges into this thread is not at all relevant to the topic. All that you are trying to do is to steer the conversation away from the topic of this thread , which is semi auto shotguns. And when it comes to semi auto shotguns, a properly fitted gun , is a good start towards improving your wing shooting. And as I have posted multiple times now, the best way to get a better fitting shotgun, is to consider shotgun fit when you are shopping for a shotgun, not after you have purchased a shotgun.