View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 07:13 AM

[QUOTE] My point wasn't aimed at shooting ranges. I don't have an issue with shooting ranges, or crownland shooting. I'm one of the guys out there doing it. Sure some animals get habituated in some locations or areas. I lived and worked for 20 years in remote locations. Bears sticking their heads in the kitchen window when you're frying bacon kind of things weren't uncommon. I've disharged firearms to scare them away from the cabin. It works, no doubt about it. They might come back later but it gets em movin and fast.
When deer, bear, fox, marmot, raven, etc.etc. are not habituated, a gunshot will likely get them scrambling.
The question asked might be, "Are you hunting or shooting?" A hunter might be working hard for hours trying to close the distance on a wild animal. The last thing he wants is someone to come along shooting like a nut. I thought all hunters would understand that.
I like what the guy said previously, "There's just too many of us out there now."[QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkering View Post
That's me.
I go out to crown land and shoot to sight in my rifle/s. Go for it. Thank goodness we still have the freedom to do it!
I don't get your posts at all, you complain about gunfire scaring animals and target shooters messing up a hunter's stalk,
( which it clear does not except for maybe an example like the Suffield cull)
The you state that you go out to Crown land to shoot your rifles! What point exactly are you trying to make?
Cat