View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrossbow View Post
I have hunted in the Bragg Creek area my whole life, most of it around moose mountain, I Remeber many years ago you could camp out and never hear a gun shot, and rarely see ppl, now there is hikers, mountain bikers, ppl on horse, even if I go 3 km off trail, I will sometimes bump into a random person. 1km from roads, trails has been there Along time for discharging a firearm or bow, and makes sence honestly. Things happen as soon as you pull that trigger or release that arrow, a person can pop there head up come around a tree etc, and there is alot more ppl In That 1 km area. And ppl get out there car and hear a guy blasting away they get back in there car leave probably talk about how un safe the area is, story is repeated by friends, eventually to many story's and areas get shut down. We want areas to stay open we as a community have to act in a way that does not make the majority of ppl feel unsafe, and yes a gunshot makes alot ppl feel unsafe, let alone the junk that's left behind, no one wants to go out on the family weekend hike and enter a clearing and see empty cases everywhere and shot up stuff. Ah well here I go rambling. But we have Remeber we are a minority, and sometimes we have to just go above and beyond to act responsible and show a good front for our sport to make others more accepting, and we need all the support we can get. And honestly. Walking a km or two to find a nice spot to shoot a few rounds should be part of the fun, mag dumping 200 rounds and disturbing every hiker around is just bad PR. Go to a friend's place on a farm and do that. We all have friends or make new friends, and yes I enjoy a fun day my self of a few Hundred rounds down range, I go my friends farm, naturally I clean my crap or I might not have a friends place to play at. Mmmmm ok now done. Lol.
That sums some of it up just fine, walk a mile and be wise.
What I don't like is when the 'shooters' are scaring the game into a frenzy during hunting season.