View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 09:31 PM

Default Couple of options...

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
2 more weeks on Keto tracking every bite-eating to my Ketogains macros. Diet doctor menu plan for all but 3 meals in the last 2 weeks and they were Keto.
Zero cheats.No snacking.
Beverages have been black coffee and water-no exceptions
Up a lb.
85% of 11 lbs of total weight loss in last 5 weeks happened on week 1.

Keto urine strips are showing moderate ketosis. I know not accurate, but do indicate a trend. Tape measure shows minimal change in last 2 weeks

Just confused as what to do next.So many conflicting ideas in my head. Lost confidence in Diet Doctor-Looking for a different site moving forward.
I don't follow keto myself, but do cook for (and listen to) a few folks that do. A couple of them had situations similar to what you've described here, so they did some experimenting to see what they needed to change. Both found that they needed to cut down on cheese and other dairy fats, and increase plant fats that occur with fibre. This did increase total carb intake, although they still maintained ketosis with net carbs of under 30g daily.

The increase in flaxseed, chia, nuts, avocado, peanuts / peanut butter, and the use of psyllium fibre for "bread-like items" brought their daily intake of fibre up well over 30g most days, which made their digestive systems happier, got things moving better, and seemed to change how everything was processed so that they started losing weight at a slow but steady pace.

I don't know whether it made any difference or not, but I noticed that they both also started having a wider variety of vegetables, too. They trimmed the portions enough to suit their macro needs, but were able to include a lot of different choices every week - which definitely helped meet their vitamin / mineral needs, and seemed to have a positive impact on their digestion, too.

Both folks who needed / made these changes originally tried keto to deal with inflammation / auto-immune disease, and did find that it made a difference even when they weren't losing weight. This was why they felt it worthwhile to spend some time experimenting to see whether some minor tweaks might make it work even better.

Hope some minor tweaks make things work better for you!

"Pulling together is the aim of despotism and tyranny. Free men pull in all kinds of directions....It's the only way to make progress." - from Sir Terry Pratchett's The Truth