View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 07:53 PM

How about this for sweet justice and conclusion to the story:

So the lady wouldn’t budge on price and my parents are good folks so they say alright pick up the pool table—we at this point just don’t care. So the PO hires movers for the $800 or whatever the cost is and they take the pool table. My dad notices once the movers are gone that there were round holes cut in the flooring for the pool table legs from when it was installed. I don’t know the exact type of flooring that but they had a friend come by who operates one of the largest flooring sales and install companies in Edmonton and he says, basically you’re going to have to replace ALL the flooring in the entire basement and basement stairs to rectify this properly, as the type of flooring to match is no longer sold. Says it’d be easily a $20,000+ job.

So my parent’s realtor and the PO’s realtor talk and basically now the PO has two choices: pay to have the pool table to be put back into the basement (including all reassembly) or pay for new flooring in the entire basement of the house.