View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
I think what you meant to say is “As long as your bow is perfectly in tune you can interchange broadheads of the same weight and test them out.”😉
Mechanical heads tend to be much more forgiving of an out of tune bow and will often fly to the same POI as field points,hence why they are so popular.
Fixed blades are much less forgiving,and even if you can punch 40 yard bullseyes all day with field points with your out of tune bow,fixed heads will amplify any tuning issues and give newbs fits.
If one can’t get Brand X or Brand Y fixed blades to fly straight,they often blame the broadhead,get frustrated,and go back to mech heads,when it’s not the head that is at fault 99% of the time it’s your setup that is out of tune.
Lots of options out there for good quality fixed blades,personally I’ve been shooting G5 Montecs for 12-13(?)years now/3 new bow upgrades, with same hole accuracy as my field points and see no reason to change/why fix what ain’t broken?
Thought that was clear in my post but yeah that is a better way of saying it.

But you have to shoot them to know. If it’s one brand out of 6, that broadhead may simply not work for that setup

There was an article/video some time back where randy ulmer explained why he had changed his stance on aligning blades with fletching (turns out it DOES matter)...long story short the aerodynamic characteristics of the broadhead can change POI even with proper tuning. So those two blade heads are starting from a disadvantage, in addition to the common planing problem at modern compound velocities.

Not to say they won’t work, but I’d only advise spending the money if you already have the right setup for them. Heavy arrow, high FOC, moderate velocity, maybe even go to 4 fletch. they certainly are quiet and penetrate well.