View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
That's my point...polio has been eradicated...because of vaccines.
As have many other diseases.
In 1980 measles killed 2.6 million people...in 2014 70,000...directly attributed to immunization.
This opposed to one debunked study showing a correlation between vaccination and autism.
Let me guess...man never landed on the moon, the Twin Towers were brought down by the CIA and the earth is flat.
Dude, I'm with you in theory but your arguments, like many pro-vaccine ones in this thread and elsewhere, have me pulling my hair. Measles is a tricky one but what you're claiming is not the full story there. But mostly: twin towers = CIA, earth is flat. WTF!?

Stick to medical and scientific facts and you have a great argument. These appeals to logic, herd immunity and other stuff are weak or just flat out backwards.

Vaccines done right are a lifesaver. Here's the studies. There's the statistics and keep to that! IMHO and all...

(My kids are vaccinated, BTW. But I don't support making it mandatory. All of the arguments I've seen for it are easily enough disproven or not important enough to make it mandatory, IMHO.)